Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wind & Rain

I'm slow to blog about hurricane Irene. It's been a hectic week and lot's of preparing to cover Irene. As of now we are still trying to decide where the best intercept will be. I know I know, you don't chase hurricanes. But you have to do a little home work if you're planning to be in the eye of one. You can't adjust your location once the game begins.

Looking at models and I wanted to note the GFS. It's not one of the main models used for hurricane guidance, but I wanted to show something of interest. It shows Irene not making landfall until Sunday evening around eastern parts of Long Island then Connecticut and Massachusetts head on.



With the all of the models not handling Irene very well, it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if Irene slams into Miami FL. I mean forecasters anticipated Irene to be a Cat 3 hurricane right now. She is currently a Cat 1 as I type this. So I'll say it again, it's anyone's guess. That makes it really difficult to pin point land fall.

Don't get me wrong the whole eastern seaboard is going to be impacted by Irene, regardless of where Irene makes landfall. Below is a widget from the National Hurricane Center if you would like more detailed information. I encourage everyone living on the east coast to pay attention. You just never know what could happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment